PyGPlates now supports Python 3.
You can download pyGPlates.
What’s new in pyGPlates revision 28:-
- Windows and macOS support for Python 2.7, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8.
- macOS libraries signed and notarized by Apple (should no longer get security prompts).
- Ubuntu support for 16.04 LTS (Xenial), 18.04 LTS (Bionic), 19.10 (Eoan), 20.04 LTS (Focal) and 20.10 (Groovy).
- Create topological features (dynamic lines, polygons and deforming networks):
- Usually they are built in GPlates, but this can now be done in pyGPlates.
- See the sample code.
- Supports deforming trenches when used with subduction convergence script.
- Much faster querying of reconstructions.
- Bug fixes.
PyGPlates documentation and tutorials.
John Cannon, Lead GPlates Developer - http://www.gplates.org