PyBacktrack 1.3 is now available as a Python package and a Docker image.
The documentation is available at:
Changes since version 1.2:
• Supports Python 3:
o please also use the recent pyGPlates Python 3 release.
• Added the following output columns:
change in dynamic topography elevation since present day
depth from fully decompacted layers (using surface porosity only)
as if no portion of any layer had ever been buried
fully decompacted surface layer thickness divided by its deposition interval
• Option to force continental subsidence model:
o if well site is in age grid (oceanic crust) but known to be on continental crust.
• Option to ignore total sediment thickness grid:
o if well site is known to be drilled to basement.
• Fixed missing last row of output:
o when well depth exceeds total sediment thickness.
• Fixed bug in syn-rift subsidence equation:
o affected tectonic subsidence by less than 1%.
Python package: https://pypi.org/project/pybacktrack/