As you can see on this image, the plate with ID 401 splits off at 1750.0 mya, the mid ocean ridges suddenly jump around the globe. I know this normally is a issue with Plate IDs in the rotation file, but I couldn’t find any issue this time. The rotation file seems fine. I’ve tried a lot of things to fix this but to no avail. The most interesting part is that this issue didn’t appear until today, when I inserted drift correction for the 1550 mya timestamp. The plate worked fine until then, but now it breaks, and I can’t fix it even if I remove the 1550 mya timestamp and the drift correction.
NEVERMIND! I managed to fix it. Turns out, Gplates breaks when the plate moves past 180 degrees. I managed to change the 1550 mya timestamp and it works now!
could you should the fixed rotations file and what you did? (i know im late but if you see this it would be much appreciated)
