Gplates for kids

Dear GPLATES Team,

Greetings from Johanna Vu, Vietnam. I hope you all are doing well.

Firstly, thank you very much for your great work and the special quality and huge amount of knowledge on your webpages. I believe people learn a lot and have lots of great work inspired or supported.

Secondly, My question is: Do you have any idea or gate developed for kids besides the website? I mean anything specified and designed for kids to learn/interact/develop if they are interested.

My son, 9 years old, is super interested in Geography and he finds GPLATES very fantastic and useful for him to learn passionately.
He has such interest since he was 5 years old. And he can draw the whole World map precisely and it’s like his hand dancing on the paper. He’s also able to illustrate, interpret and present the movements of different earth parts over the years/ages/eras, etc.

Therefore, I don’t know if you have anything besides the webpages for kids, so that I can enroll him or just simply provide him more of sources for his passion.

THank you very much and looking forwards to hearing from you.
All the best,
Johanna.
Email: johannavu.vn.swe@gmail.com
Whatsapp: +84369726780.

Hi Johanna,

we have funding from AuScope to build an app for GPlates in schools, and that the app should also be useful for kids, but it will probably take another year for it to be completed.

By the way, you can find some resources from www.earthbyte.org and portal.gplates.org as well.